It is through an invitation to a Huawei launch event that some people have been made aware of the imminent release of a new Huawei device in France.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
It is through an invitation received by a few journalists that the public has learned that Huawei is gearing up for the launch of a new smartphone on the French market. On this invitation, the company invites journalists to an event held this next 17th of October, mentioning “A new smartphone series is coming…”. While some are wasting their time speculating which smartphone the company is talking about, for us, there is no doubt: it is the Nova 5T, recently announced and that came out in Spain two days ago, this past 10th October, for the price of 429€.
At the same time, as we’ve covered in our previous article, the Nova 5T is actually a modified version of the Honor 20, which is the reason the company is able to sell a “new” device certified by Google, with Google’s Play Store and all the other services of the American giant.
For the technical specifications, the French version should be the same as the version released in Spain:
- Kirin 980
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB of internal storage, no support for microSD/Nano Memory cards
- 6.26” FHD+ TFT LCD (IPS), with 2340×1080 pixels resolution, punch hole selfie camera
- 73.97×154.25×7.87 mm, 174 grams
- No IP rating
- Fingerprint reader on the side
- Front (32 MP, f/2.0 aperture)
- AI Quad-camera:
- 48 MP main camera (f/1.8 aperture AF)
- 16 MP ultra-wide angle camera (f/2.2 aperture FF)
- 2 MP depth assist camera (f/2.4 aperture FF)
- 2 MP macro camera (f/2.4 aperture FF)
- 3 750mAh battery, USB Type-C Charger, 22.5W SuperCharge, 0-50% in 30 minutes
- No wireless charging
- EMUI9.1/Android 9.0
- Compatible with 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, Type-C, USB2.0, GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/Galileo/QZSS, supports NFC, dual-SIM
- No headphone jack
- Available in 3 colours: Midsummer Purple, Black and Crush Blue
The price should also be the same as in Spain, meaning 429€ for 6GB+128GB, unless the company decides to price the device differently depending on the market.
For now, we don’t know when the Nova 5T will come out in France. We expect it to be available the same day it is announced, the 17th October, or maybe a few days later, around the end of this month or at the beginning of November. In Spain, the Nova 5T is available for purchase since its launch, this past 10th of October.
More on this subject: