Huawei’s Mate 10 Pro has just received October’s security patch.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
Huawei’s Mate 10 Pro has just received Google’s security patch for the month of October 2019, skipping September’s, although this is not the only Huawei device following this pattern. On top of bringing the security patch for October, this update also fixes an issue with VoLTE and VoWiFi (Voice over WiFi). As a reminder, VoLTE is a feature that has to be supported by both the smartphone and the carrier. Even if a smartphone supports VoLTE, if the carrier doesn’t, this feature will not be available on the device.
Just as with some past updates on other smartphones of the company, the patch is 3.94 GB, matching the size of the operating system.
This new patch changes the version from BLA-L29 22.214.171.1246(C432E4R1P11) to BLA-L29 126.96.36.1990(C432E6R1P12) and is, as mentioned, 3.94 GB in size.
The patch notes read as following:
- This update fixes an issue with network compatibility, and also includes Android patches for improved system security.
- [Network] Fixes an issue with network compatibility. Makes VoLTE and VoWiFi HD voice call features available for certain network providers.
- [Security] Integrates Android security patches released in October 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2019/10/.
More on this subject:
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro receives update: August 2019 security patch (8/09/2019)
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro receives update: EMUI9.1, July 2019 security patch (2/08/2019)
- EMUI9.1 coming to dozens of devices, already rolling out to Mate 20 Pro in Europe (30/06/2019)
- Huawei confirms at least 17 devices will get EMUI10.0/Android Q (25/06/2019)