Huawei’s Mate RS Porsche Design just received EMUI9.1 as well as July’s security patch.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
Around two months ago, Huawei promised 24 different devices would be getting EMUI9.1 in Europe, starting as soon as the end of June, all the way to the end of August 2019. At the same time, the company confirmed 17 different devices would be getting Android Q/EMUI10.0. For some curious reason, the Mate RS Porsche Design is not included in this list, at least not for now. Regardless, the Mate RS was supposed to get EMUI9.1 by the end of July, which is roughly correct, with some users getting it a few days earlier than us.
This update includes, as mentioned, EMUI9.1, together with Google’s security patch for July 2019. Some of the new features introduced are Huawei’s EROFS, improving how fast applications open and saving some memory space, as well as GPU Turbo 3.0, supporting various new games. EMUI9.1 also sees the introduction of Huawei Vlog, allowing users to edit short clips on their phones and generating random highlights of their galleries. Finally, EMUI9.1 also adds Huawei Share OneHop, making it easier and faster to share files, links and text between a Huawei smartphone and the new Huawei MateBooks supporting this feature.
Focusing on the update, this new patch changes the version from NEO-L29 126.96.36.199(C721E7R1P9) to NEO-L29 188.8.131.520(C721E8R1P9) and is an impressive 3.73 GB in size.
The patch notes read as following:
- This update will update your system to EMUI 9.1, with support for EROFS technology and GPU Turbo 3.0.
- Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- [Incoming call video]
- Customises incoming call videos for your contacts.
- [GPU Turbo 3.0]
- Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- [Huawei Vlog]
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- [Huawei Share OneHop]
- Supports instantaneous sharing of clipboard and screen recordings between your phone and Huawei MateBook.
- [Simplified settings]
- Simplifies settings and options for easier operation.
- Integrates Android security patches released in July 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2019/7/.
As it has become more or less usual, the device skipped the update in June before receiving a system update the following month. This seems to be a common pattern with Huawei, as we’ve been able to see with the Mate 9 and P10 some months ago, before they received EMUI9.0.
More on this subject:
- EMUI9.1 coming to dozens of devices, already rolling out to Mate 20 Pro in Europe (30/06/2019)
- Huawei confirms at least 17 devices will get EMUI10.0/Android Q (25/06/2019)
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design receives update: May 2019 security patch (1/06/2019)
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design receives update: text optimization (29/04/2019)
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design receives update: April 2019 security patch (18/04/2019)
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design receives update: March 2019 security update (14/03/2019)