Huawei’s Mate 9 has received Google’s security patch for December 2018.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
In our latest article, “Huawei Mate 9 receives Android 8.0 update”, we mentioned “better late than never”, as that article was referring to an event from a year ago. This article is the reason.
In any case, not having used the Mate 9 in a very long time, this one received a 2.92GB patch titled “FULL”, with most of the missed security updates, all the way until December 2018.
This patch changes the version from MHA-L09 184.108.40.2063(C432) to MHA-L09 220.127.116.119(C432)-FULL and is 2.92GB in size.
The patch notes read as following:
- [Security] Integrates Google security patches released in December 2018 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2018/12/.
In theory, and as mentioned in another one of our articles, the update from EMUI8.0 to EMUI9.0 should be released soon.
More on this subject:
- Huawei Mate 9 receives Android 8.0 update (11/03/2019)
- Huawei launches EMUI9.0 beta on a second round of devices (6/11/2018)
- Huawei launches beta for Android 9.0 Pie & EMUI9.0 on 9 smartphones (26/10/2018)
- Huawei testing Android 9.0 and EMUI9.0 on five more devices (1/09/2018)
- Huawei testing Android 9.0 Pie and EMUI9.0 (24/08/2018)