Huawei’s Nova 3i, known as the P Smart+ (2018) in Europe, has just received the long-awaited EMUI9.1 update, as well as July’s security patch.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
Huawei’s P Smart+ (2018) has just received the long-awaited EMUI9.1 update. According to the original schedule supplied by Huawei Spain, the device was supposed to receive this update at the end of last month, July 2019, but it would seem the schedule was different here in Belgium. For instance, the Mate 9 was supposed to get the update at the end of this month, yet got it 2 weeks ago.
Huawei’s EMUI9.1 update for the P Smart+ (2018) includes all the announced novelties applicable to this mid-range device, being Huawei’s new EROFS, improving app speed and fluidity, as well as saving some storage space. We also see the addition of Huawei Vlog, which automatically generates highlights of the gallery while the phone is charging, as well as adding a basic editor to create short clips with effects. GPU Turbo is also updated to GPU Turbo 3.0, adding support for even more games, reducing battery consumption while playing those specific titles, as well as getting more stable framerates. Finally, and as expected, this update also includes Google’s security patch for the month of July 2019.
This new patch changes the version from INE-LX1 188.8.131.52(SP53C432E2R1P1) to INE-LX1 184.108.40.206(C432E2R1P1) and is 3.61 GB in size.
The patch notes read as following:
- This update will update your system to EMUI 9.1, with support for EROFS technology and GPU Turbo 3.0.
- [System] Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- [Huawei Vlog] Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs.
- [GPU Turbo 3.0] Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- [Simplified settings] Simplifies settings and options for easier operation.
- [Security] Integrates Android security patches released in July 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2019/7/.
More on this subject:
- Huawei Mate 9 receives new update: EMUI9.1, July 2019 security patch (9/08/2019)
- EMUI9.1 coming to dozens of devices, already rolling out to Mate 20 Pro in Europe (30/06/2019)
- Huawei confirms at least 17 devices will get EMUI10.0/Android Q (25/06/2019)
- Huawei Nova 3i/P Smart+ receives update: May 2019 security patch (14/06/2019)
- Huawei Nova 3i/P Smart+ receives update: April 2019 security patch (15/05/2019)
- Huawei Nova 3i/P Smart+ receives Android 9.0 “Pie”/EMUI9.0.1 (18/04/2019)