Around 20 people were intoxicated Friday morning in the kitchens of the European Council.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
A spokesperson from the firefighters of Brussels, Pierre Meys, has declared that there has been a bad mix between different chemicals in the kitchens, producing toxic fumes, poisoning around 20 people.
The services of the council of the EU, on the other hand, talk about a technical issue with the ventilation system.
The building ‘Europa’ was temporarily evacuated, with its employees being invited to go to a neighbouring EU building.
The ‘medical emergency plan’ was deployed, as more than 10 people were involved in the incident. Numerous vehicles from the firefighters, health and police services were present on the scene. Some of the affected people were taken to the hospital.