Yesterday, Friday 3rd, neither Puigdemont nor the other ex-advisers of the Catalonian ex-government came to declare in front of the judge.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
Since they didn’t come to declare in front of the judge, this one issued a European arrest warrant on Puigdemont and the other four ex-advisers, that are still in Brussels.
As soon as the Belgian authorities receive this warrant, and once translated and processed, the five people in question will have to have to go face the justice system. This process can easily take a lot of time, eventually until after the Catalonian elections from the 21st December.
The Belgian authorities declared that, once they receive the warrant, they’ll apply the law, making it seem as if they want to avoid diplomatic issues between both countries.
Meanwhile, Puigdemont declared that he would participate as a candidate in the Catalonian elections from Brussels.
More on this subject:
- Puigdemont won’t declare in Spain (2/11/2017)
- Puigdemont’s situation worsens (1/11/2017)
- Puigdemont flees to Brussels (31/10/2017)
- Catalonia declares independence just to be suspended by Spanish government hours later (28/10/2017)
- Puigdemont decides to back down (26/10/2017)
- The Spanish Constitutional nullifies the law of the Catalonian referendum (22/10/2017)
- Spanish Government applies article 155 (21/10/2017)
- Spanish Government to apply article 155 Saturday (20/10/2017)
- Catalonians’ bullshit (20/10/2017)
- Spanish Government tries to avoid applying last measure (Article 155) (19/10/2017)
- Catalonia asks for more time to answer the Government (18/10/2017)
- Spanish government to take control of Catalonia depending on Puigdemont’s reply (15/10/2017)