As if Huawei’s line-up wasn’t confusing enough, between differences in the naming scheme between Chinese and European versions of their devices, now Huawei pulls another “P8 Lite (2017)” or “Huawei Watch 2 (2018)” trick.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
A few days ago, Huawei announced the Nova 3, equipped with a Kirin 970, and the Nova 3i, using their new Kirin 710 SoC, replacing the Kirin 659. Until then, it was unknown whether we would be seeing the Nova 3 and Nova 3i in Europe. Now we know the Nova 3i will be coming to Europe, except under the name of… P Smart+. As if the P Smart wasn’t confusing enough, sitting in between the P10 Lite and the P20 Lite with nearly the same specs as the Mate 10 Lite, now we have to watch out for the “P Smart+” version.
Specs-wise… it’s just a Nova 3i. To save time to ourselves and the readers, we’ll copy-paste the specs from our Nova 3/3i article and edit the differences:
- Kirin 710, GPU Turbo already installed
- 4GB of RAM (No 6GB version announced yet)
- 64GB of internal storage, expandable with microSD card, up to 256GB (No 128GB version announced yet)
- 6.3” screen, with 2340×1080 pixels resolution, notch (Precisions: LCD display, Full HD+ with 409 ppi density)
- Fingerprint sensor at the back, facial recognition
- Double front and double back cameras, has AI scenery recognition, “3D Qmoji”
- 3 340mAh battery, micro-USB charger
- Headphone jack
- EMUI 8.2
- Usual connectivity options, Bluetooth 4.2
- Available in 2 colours: Black, Purple
- Price is 349€ (VAT included), 299€ on launch on Amazon.it for a limited amount of time
The P Smart+ will be released the 8th of August on Amazon.it and the 2nd of August on Amazon.de. We’ve found information specifying it will be coming to most big shops and operators in Italy, France and the Netherlands, so it will probably be available in the rest of Europe at the same time.
More on this subject: