Huawei’s P20 Pro has just received EMUI9.1, together with other features.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
Huawei’s P20 Pro has just received the long-awaited EMUI9.1 update, bringing new features such as Huawei’s EROFS, GPU Turbo 3.0, Huawei Vlog and other improvements. This patch also includes Google’s security patch for the month of July 2019. With EROFS, applications should open faster and run with more fluidity, while also saving storage space on the device. GPU Turbo 3.0 supports even more games, offering a lower power consumption and more stable framerates. Other features included are Huawei Vlog, which creates “highlights” of the gallery automatically, while also allowing users to make quick video edits. We also see the introduction of Huawei Share OneHop, offering fast transfer of media files and others between some Huawei devices and their new line-up of MateBooks.
According to the original calendar supplied by Huawei, the P20 Pro was supposed to receive EMUI9.1 by the end of July. Taking in account the time needed to deploy the update to thousands of P20 Pro’s in Europe, the timing is more or less correct. It is also expected that the P20 Pro will be getting EMUI10 soon, or at least amongst the first ones, as the company has already confirmed which devices will be getting the next iteration of EmotionUI.
This new patch changes the version from CLT-L29 126.96.36.1993(C432E5R1P9) to CLT-L29 188.8.131.521(C432E5R1P9) and is 4.02 GB in size.
The patch notes read as following:
- This update will update your system to EMUI 9.1, with support for EROFS technology and GPU Turbo 3.0.
- Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- [Incoming call video]
- Customises incoming call videos for your contacts.
- [GPU Turbo 3.0]
- Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- [Huawei Vlog]
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- [Huawei Share OneHop]
- Supports instantaneous sharing of clipboard and screen recordings between your phone and Huawei MateBook.
- [Simplified settings]
- Simplifies settings and options for easier operation.
- Integrates Android security patches released in July 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2019/7/.
More on this subject:
- EMUI9.1 coming to dozens of devices, already rolling out to Mate 20 Pro in Europe (30/06/2019)
- Huawei confirms at least 17 devices will get EMUI10.0/Android Q (25/06/2019)
- Huawei P20 Pro receives update: April 2019 security patch (11/05/2019)
- Huawei P20 Pro receives update: March 2019 security patch (14/04/2019)
- Huawei P20 Pro receives update: February 2019 security patch (14/03/2019)