Huawei’s first 5G smartphone is available for pre-order on Amazon Italy.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
Huawei’s first 5G smartphone, the Huawei Mate 20 X (5G), is finally coming out in Europe following a delay due to the US ban. The device is up for pre-order on Amazon Italy for 1 099€, a steep increase from the original listing price of 899€ that the 4G variant costed at launch, although the 5G version comes with more RAM and storage.
The 5G variant of the Mate 20 X comes with a few hardware changes. While the original Mate 20 X had a battery of 5 000mAh, the Mate 20 X (5G) only has 4 200mAh, due to the extra space needed for the 5G hardware. This extra space needed also takes away the headphone jack. We also see the addition of the HiSilicon Balong 5 000, the modem enabling this phone to support the standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) network architectures for 5G. As previously mentioned, the Mate 20 X (5G) comes with 8GB of RAM, instead of 6GB, and 256GB of internal memory, instead of 128GB. The device also supports dual-SIM, although only one SIM can be 5G, with the other SIM dropping to 4G.
The listing on Amazon.it mentions the smartphone will be releasing on the 22nd of July. The listing includes as promotional gifts a Huawei Bluetooth speaker and the Huawei FreeLace, being worth around 100€.
The Mate 20 X (5G) is also expected to come out in other European countries this month, as well as launching in China by the end of July.
Here are the full specifications of the Huawei Mate 20 X (5G):
- Kirin 980 with Balong 5 000 (Separate)
- 8GB of RAM
- 256GB of internal storage, expandable with nano-memory card, up to 256GB
- 7.2” FHD+ OLED display, with 2244*1080 pixels resolution, notch
- 174.6×85.4×8.38, 233 grams
- Rated IP53
- Fingerprint reader on the back, facial recognition
- Front camera, 24MP (f/2.0)
- Leica triple
- 40MP (Wide-angle lens, f/1.8)
- 20MP (Ultra wide-angle lens, f/2.2)
- 8MP (Telephoto, f/2.4)
- 4 200mAh battery, USB Type-C charger, 40W SuperCharge, 0-70% in 30 minutes
- No wireless charging
- EMUI9.1/Android 9
- Supports Huawei M-Pen
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, Type-C, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/Galileo/QZSS, NFC, dual-SIM
- No headphone jack
- Available in 1 colour: Emerald Green
- The price is as
- 8GB/256GB (5G): 1 099€
More on this subject: