Huawei’s P30 Pro has just received two new patches, bringing more improvements and July’s 2019 security patch.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
Huawei’s P30 Pro August 2019 update brings two different patches. The first one brings optimisation to the camera performance “in certain scenarios”, further improving the camera, as well as more improvements to the fingerprint reader. It is unclear what exactly those improvements to the camera are, as the patch notes do not give any detail, so we’ll have to find out through usage. This is also not the only update targeting the fingerprint reader, with two or three other updates also bringing improvements to this part of the hardware, such as the previous patch. As per usual, the update also includes Google’s security patch for July 2019.
Curiously, this update included a second patch, which only mentions optimising system performance and stability. As we got this update roughly two weeks after other users received it, it might indicate that some bugs from the main update got resolved later on, with our patch including these two updates in a single package.
These two new updates change the version from VOG-L29 184.108.40.206(C431E4R2P2) to VOG-L29 220.127.116.11(C431E4R2P2) and then to VOG-L29 18.104.22.168(C431E4R2P2patch01). The package is 4.10 GB in size.
The patch notes read as following:
Update package 1 change log: This update optimises Camera performance in certain scenarios.
- [Camera] Optimises Camera performance in certain scenarios.
- [Fingerprint] Optimises the in-screen fingerprint reader for faster unlock speed.
- [Security] Integrates Android security patches released in July 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2019/7/.
Update package 2 change log: This update optimises system performance and stability.
More on this subject:
- Huawei P30 Pro receives update: DC Dimming, Bluetooth and AR measure improvements, June 2019 security patch (9/07/2019)
- Huawei confirms at least 17 devices will get EMUI10.0/Android Q (25/06/2019)
- Huawei P30 Pro receives update: camera improvements and other fixes, May 2019 security patch (12/06/2019)
- Huawei P30 Pro receives update: Dual-view mode, Huawei Vlog and April 2019 security patch (13/05/2019)