Huawei has updated their EMUI10 update schedule, delaying the update on some models released in early 2018.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
At the beginning of April of this year, Huawei shared an updated schedule for the EMUI10 update for devices sold unlocked in Europe. According to this original schedule, Kirin 970 devices, such as the Mate 10 or the P20 series, were supposed to receive the update by May 2020, with more recent models, such as the Mate 20 or the P30 series, having already received said update. However, it appears the manufacturer has decided, for whichever reason, to delay the update for these Kirin 970 devices, with the new date now set to mid-June 2020. This new schedule was initially made available at the end of April, although only shared a few days ago with community members.
Here’s this new schedule, with the bold part corresponding to the device and its (name), the new scheduled date for the roll-out of the update, and the status, with “Delivered” meaning all users should have received it, “Currently being delivered” being that users are still receiving it and “To be shipped” that the update will be rolled-out during the month specified:
- Mate 10 (ALP) ǀ Mid-June 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- Mate 10 Pro (BLA) ǀ Mid-June 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- Mate 10 Porsche Design (BLA) ǀ Mid-June 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- P20 (EML) ǀ Mid-June 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- P20 Pro (CLT) ǀ Mid-June 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- Mate RS Porsche Design (NEO) ǀ Beginning of June 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- Mate 20 Lite (SNE) ǀ Beginning of February 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- Mate 20 (HMA) ǀ End of December 2019 ǀ Delivered
- Mate 20X (4G) (EVR) ǀ Mid-January 2020 ǀ Delivered
- Mate 20X (5G) (EVR) ǀ End of February 2020 ǀ Delivered
- Mate 20 Pro (LYA) ǀ End of December 2019 ǀ Delivered
- Mate 20 RS Porsche Design (LYA) ǀ Mid-February 2020 ǀ Delivered
- P Smart 2019 (POT) ǀ Mid-February 2020 ǀ Delivered
- P Smart+ 2019 (POT) ǀ Mid-February 2020 ǀ Delivered
- P Smart Z (STK) ǀ End of February 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- P30 Lite (MAR) ǀ Mid-February 2020 ǀ Delivered
- P30 Lite (New Edition) (MAR) ǀ End of May 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- P30 (ELE) ǀ End of December 2019 ǀ Delivered
- P30 Pro (VOG) ǀ End of December 2019 ǀ Delivered
- Nova 5T (YAL) ǀ Mid-January 2020 ǀ Delivered
- P Smart Pro (STK) ǀ Beginning of March 2020 ǀ Delivered
As per usual, updates come in batches, with each user receiving it at a different time. This schedule only applies to unlocked devices, with devices locked to a specific network relying on their carriers, which, in many cases, delay the arrival of the updates, as they have to make sure they are compatible with their customizations, such as the carrier apps.
This new schedule also provides a clearer date for EMUI10 on the P30 Lite (New Edition), device which came out at the beginning of this year. According to this new schedule, the device should be getting EMUI10 at the end of this month, although the update has yet to be pushed out.
More on this subject: