Huawei has shared an updated roll-out schedule for the EMUI10 update in Western Europe.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
Over the past few months, Huawei has been slowly rolling out their latest EMUI version, EMUI10, which brings various changes such as redesigned settings, system-wide dark mode and various improvements to the general UI. This update started being rolled-out at the end of last year, with most devices supposed to have received it by now, although it would appear the manufacturer ended up delaying said update for some models. Other long-awaited features, such as the Always-on-Display (AOD) mode, have also been separated and pushed back to the EMUI10.1 update, update that currently has no schedule in Europe, but is already being tested on a wide range of devices in China.
Coming back to EMUI10, Huawei has now shared an updated schedule for Western Europe, schedule which mostly applies to unlocked devices, with models locked by carriers having to have the update approved by these, thus slowing down the roll-out. In most cases, users should receive EMUI10 without doing anything, although users can also manually check for the update by going to their phone settings > System > Software update > Check for updates.
Other ways of checking for updates is by going to the “Support” [formerly known as “HiCare”] application, and, under “Quick services”, tap on “Update”. Lastly, users can also connect their device to a PC and check if there are any updates available through HiSuite.
At this point, various devices have already received the update, such as the Mate 20 series or the P30 series, with various of the devices of the “P Smart” family now receiving EMUI10, and the Mate 10 and P20 series scheduled next. The following information has to be read from left to right, with the bold part corresponding to the device and its (name), the scheduled date for the roll-out of the update, and the status, with “Delivered” meaning all users should have received it, “Currently being delivered” being that users are still receiving it and “To be shipped” that the update will be rolled-out during the month specified:
- Mate 10 (ALP) ǀ May 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- Mate 10 Pro (BLA) ǀ May 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- Mate 10 Porsche Design (BLA) ǀ May 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- P20 (EML) ǀ May 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- P20 Pro (CLT) ǀ May 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- Mate RS Porsche Design (NEO) ǀ May 2020 ǀ To be shipped
- Mate 20 Lite (SNE) ǀ Beginning of February 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- Mate 20 (HMA) ǀ End of December 2019 ǀ Delivered
- Mate 20X (4G) (EVR) ǀ Mid-January 2020 ǀ Delivered
- Mate 20X (5G) (EVR) ǀ End of February 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- Mate 20 Pro (LYA) ǀ End of December 2019 ǀ Delivered
- Mate 20 RS Porsche Design (LYA) ǀ Mid-February 2020 ǀ Delivered
- P Smart 2019 (POT) ǀ Mid-February 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- P Smart+ 2019 (POT) ǀ Mid-February 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- P Smart Z (STK) ǀ End of February 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- P30 Lite (MAR) ǀ Mid-February 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- P30 Lite (New Edition) (MAR) ǀ To be determined ǀ To be shipped
- P30 (ELE) ǀ End of December 2019 ǀ Currently being delivered
- P30 Pro (VOG) ǀ End of December 2019 ǀ Currently being delivered
- Nova 5T (YAL) ǀ Mid-January 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
- P Smart Pro (STK) ǀ Beginning of March 2020 ǀ Currently being delivered
Other models not mentioned might be getting the update later, or not at all, such as the Mate 9 or the P10 series. Furthermore, some models are currently in a weird position, such as the P Smart+ (2018), which Huawei initially said would not be getting the update, with this decision being met by a rather impressive pushback from the community. For many of these models, EMUI9.1 was their last big update, although some are still receiving security patches.
More on this subject:
- Huawei announces EMUI10 roll-out schedule for the UK (17/12/2019)
- Huawei launches EMUI10 beta for 8 more devices (30/10/2019)
- How to downgrade EMUI to the previous version via Huawei HiSuite (21/07/2019)
- Huawei opens P30 and P30 Pro EMUI10 beta in Europe (7/09/2019)
- Why hasn’t my Huawei/Honor device received the announced update? (15/05/2019)