Both the Huawei MateBook X Pro (2020) and MateBook 13 (2020) are now available in Spain.
Artículo disponible en Español | Article disponible en Français
In February, Huawei unveiled their updated versions of the MateBook X Pro and the MateBook 13, updating some of the hardware and introducing a new colour. This was followed with the recent launch of these new MateBooks in various countries, such as Italy or France, with both models now also available in Spain.
Sadly, just as in the other two markets, the choice is rather limited, both in hardware configurations and colour variants, with the MateBook X Pro (2020) only available in Space Grey with an i7-10510U, with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD, while the MateBook 13 (2020) is only available in Mystic Silver with an i5-10210U, 8GB of RAM and 512GB of internal memory.
Starting with the MateBook X Pro (2020), the manufacturer is charging 1899€ for the only variant available, with the model coming with a Spanish QWERTY keyboard, and no launch discounts. For the rest of the specifications, we find a 13.9” tactile display with a resolution of 3000×2000 pixels, an Intel Core i7-10510U, a mobile CPU with four cores and eight threads, and clocked at 1.8GHz with a turbo of up to 4.9GHz. This is coupled to 16GB of LPDDR3 2133MHz RAM, a Nvidia GeForce MX250 and Intel integrated graphics.
Memory-wise, we find a 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD, which is rather impressive. The webcam camera is also hidden under its own key, as per usual with Huawei’s MateBooks, and with a fingerprint reader on the power button. Battery-wise, Huawei claims the 56Wh battery is enough for 13 hours of video playback, and can be charged with the (included) 65W charger.
Lastly, the MateBook X Pro (2020) has two USB-C ports, a USB-A 3.0 port and a 3.5mm headphone jack port, four speakers and four microphones. Software-wise, the usual Huawei Share features are present, allowing users to easily connect their smartphone to the laptop and manage this one from a single screen, as well as move files back and forth between both devices. The laptop can be found here.
If we now move on to the MateBook 13 (2020), Huawei is charging 999€ for it, with only the i5 version with 8GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage available. There are two promotions with this model, the first one being a 100€ coupon, decreasing the price to 899€, and the second one being a free MediaPad T3 in Space Grey, a 9.6” low-end tablet with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. On Huawei’s online store, this tablet retails for 159€.
Specifications-wise, this laptop comes with a 13” display with a 2160×1440 resolution, an Intel Core i5-10210U, together with a Nvidia GeForce MX250, 8GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD. Here too, the webcam camera is hidden under a keyboard key, and we also find a fingerprint reader on the power button.
Battery-wise, the MateBook 13 (2020) comes with a 41.7 Wh battery, which, according to the manufacturer, is enough to watch videos for nearly 12 hours. The included 65W charger can also charge 2.3 hours worth of battery in barely 15 minutes.
For the rest of the specifications, we find two microphones and two speakers, as well as two USB-C ports and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The laptop also comes with the usual Huawei Share software, allowing users to share the screen of their phone with the laptop and exchange files between them. Those interested can check out the MateBook 13 (2020) here.
Here are the full specifications of the MateBook X Pro (2020) sold in Spain:
- Weight of ~1.33 Kg
- 13.9” LTPS tactile
screen, 91% screen-to-body ratio, 3000×2000 pixels resolution, 3:2 aspect ratio
- 260 PPI
- Covers 100% sRGB colour gamut (Typical)
- Contrast ratio: 1500:1
- Maximum brightness: 450 nits (Typical)
- Ports: 2xUSB-C, 1xUSB-A 3.0, 1×3.5mm headphone jack
- Intel Core i7-10510U
- 16GB of LPDDR3 2133 MHz RAM
- 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD
- Nvidia GeForce MX250, Intel UHD graphics
- 56 Wh battery, up to 13 hours of video playback, 65W charger
- Fingerprint power button
- 4 speakers and 4 microphones
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 2×2 MIMO, WPA/WPA2/WEP, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Windows 10 Home
- 1MB webcam, hidden under keyboard key
- Spanish QWERTY keyboard lay-out
- Available in: Space Grey
And here are the full specifications of the MateBook 13 (2020) sold in Spain:
- Weight of ~1.3 KG
- 286x211x14.9 mm
- 13” IPS screen, 88% screen-to-body ratio, 3:2 display ratio with a 2160×1440 pixels resolution, 200 PPI
- Covers 100% of sRGB colour gamut
- 300 nits of brightness
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Ports: 2xUSB-C, 1×3.5 mm headphone jack
- Intel Core i5-10210U
- 8GB of LPDDR3 2133 MHz RAM
- 512GB PCIe SSD
- Nvidia GeForce MX250, Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 41.7 Wh battery, for up to 11.6 hours of video playback, 65W wired charging
- Fingerprint power button
- Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos, two microphones, active cooling (dual fan design)
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 2×2 MIMO, WPA/WPA2/WEP, download speeds of up to 1733 Mbps, Bluetooth 5.0
- Windows 10 Home
- 1MP webcam
- Available in: Mystic silver
More on this subject: